校园房价关闭: Saturday, December 18 at 10:00 a.m.
校园房价打开: Sunday, January 9, 2022 at 12 Noon
Meals end: Friday, December 17 at 1:00 p.m.
Meals begin: Sunday, January 9 at 5:00 p.m.
Please leave within 24 hours of your last exam.
Residence halls are not accessible during break, take all belongings you will need with you!
24-hour Quiet Hours are in effect from 8pm Friday, December 10th through Closing on December 18th.
Campus housing is 关闭d and all students are expected to go home during the Winter 打破 period. Unless you have a valid University related or approved reason, requests for break housing will not be approved. 如果需要防护罩, please submit the Winter 打破 住房 Request form through your 住房 Portal:
- 登录你的 威特房地产门户
- Log in with your Wittenberg email and password
- 单击“应用程序 & 形式” tab on the top left menu
- Select Winter 打破 住房 Request (Fall 2021)
- Complete and submit by December 5, 2021
- All requests are due by 5PM on December 5, 2021.
- Please note, having to work in the Springfield area is NOT a valid reason for break housing. All break housing dates have been published since the summer
Meal Plans are not active during the break period and meal service is limited or unavailable. All campus housing will be inspected to ensure that they are prepared for break. Any policy violations will be documented and your student account may be charged. Physical Plant may access rooms as needed for maintenance requests.
If you are NOT returning to campus after the break:
- 请务必通知 firstname.lastname@example.org 你的计划
- Please complete a proper check out and return your key with an RA. Failure to checkout properly or return your room key will result in improper checkout and lock change charges.
- Remove all belongings and trash from your room and common spaces. The student must remove all personal belongings from the room and common spaces at the time of checkout; any belongings left behind will be considered abandoned and the student will be charged for the removal or disposal.
- Please continue to check your Wittenberg email for two weeks following closing to ensure you have a chance to see any potential damage charge notice. The room will be inspected by 居住生活 and Physical Plant professional staff before final determination of damages is made. Please note, RAs/CAs (undergraduate, paraprofessional staff members) do not assign damage charges. 居住生活 has the right to assess charges based on the room's condition, RCR上的信息, and whether or not the Student checked out properly. The student also shares responsibility for the condition of the living unit's common spaces.
If you are returning after break, but are moving to a new housing assignment: Please work with 居住生活 to set up a moving timeline to properly check out of your old assignment and check in to your new assignment. Please prepare for your move by ensuring all items are packed and ready to move by your designated time.
If you are returning after break to the same assignment you currently have: You may keep your belongings in your residence as long as you following the closing expectations below:
- If you have a vacancy in your residence:
- 在学生宿舍 - Please clear one full set of furniture/side of room in preparation for a potential new roommate.
- 在WittenBurbs - Please ensure that the vacant room is completely clear and ready for a potential new occupant.
- Tell your RA when you plan to leave (if moving out, you must checkout with an RA)
- 清洁你的住所 & 摆放整齐
- 空垃圾 & 回收垃圾箱
- Take down/remove holiday decorations
- Remove all food from fridge and freezer
- 把冰箱打开 & unplugged (defrost properly before you leave)
- 删除所有贵重物品 & 药物
- Unplug all electrical items/appliances, including surge protectors, from the wall
- Drain and clean aquarium, take fish and/or assistance animal with you
- 离开热 & set thermostat to 60 degrees (if applicable)
- Lock all windows, 关闭 drapes/blinds
- Turn off lights, 关闭 and lock your door
- 24 HOUR QUIET HOURS: Begin at 8pm Monday, May 2 and end at hall closing Thursday, May 12
- 学生宿舍 关闭: 10am Thursday, May 12
- Witten’Burbs (University houses & apartments) 关闭: 10am Friday May 13
- 毕业典礼助手 & Graduating seniors moveout by: 4pm Sunday, May 15
- Last meal in the CDR is lunch Wednesday, May 11 @ 1pm (all spring meal plans end Wednesday, 五月十一日下午1时)
Residence Hall Checkout Procedures
Witten’Burbs Checkout Procedures